Chief Master Sergeant Maureen D. Dooley
Command Chief Master Sergeant, New York Air National Guard
Chief Master Sergeant Maureen D. Dooley is the Command Chief for the New York Air National Guard.
Chief Dooley is a native of Danielson, Connecticut and a 1979 graduate of Killingly High School. She joined the United States Air Force in September 1979 and, following basic training, she attended Aircraft Maintenance Specialist School, Sheppard Air Force Base, Wichita Falls, Texas. Following school, she was assigned to the 4th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, North Carolina in December, 1979.
She worked on F-4E aircraft and spent her last three years there working in transient alert, where she served performed maintenance on military and civilian aircraft. Chief Dooley attended Noncommissioned Officer Leadership School and attained the Distinguished Graduate Award in January 1985. In April of 1985 she was assigned to the 325th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Florida, where she worked in the Aerospace Repair Shop on the F-15 and T-33 aircraft. In 1987, she separated from the Air Force.
In December 1995, Chief Dooley joined the New York Air National Guard, Northeast Air Defense Sector, Rome, New York. She entered as a Senior Airman and cross-trained into the 1C5 career field as a tracking technician. After completing training at the Aerospace Control and Warning Systems School at Tyndall AFB, Florida, she returned to NEADS, where she worked in several Tracking and Identification positions before serving as Weapons Director, Air Surveillance, Mission Crew Controller Technician, and NCOIC in the Surveillance and Identification Sections.
Upon her promotion to Senior Master Sergeant, she assumed the position of Flight Superintendent. Chief Dooley is a Distinguished Graduate of the Air Force Senior NCO Academy, Gunter AFB, Montgomery, Alabama. She earned her Community College of Air Force degree in Space Technology in August 2011. She was selected as Operations Superintendent and promoted to the grade of Chief Master Sergeant on October 2012. In 2014, Chief Dooley became the Chief Enlisted Manager of the 224th Support Squadron.
Dooley served as Senior Enlisted Leader/Group Superintendent of the 224th Air Defense Group from 2016 until January 2018 when she took on her current duties as senior enlisted advisor for the New York Air National Guard.
- 1979 USAF Basic Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
- 1979 Aircraft Maintenance Specialist Course, Sheppard AFB, Wichita Falls, Texas
- 1980 Aircraft Maintenance Specialist Able Chief F-RF-4, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
- 1982 NCO Orientation, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
- 1985 NCO Leadership Course Class 85-D, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
- 1985 Tactical Aircraft Maintenance Specialist F-15, Tyndall AFB, Panama City, Fla.
- 1995 Aerospace Control and Warning Systems School, Tyndall AFB, Panama City, Fla.
- 2010 CCAF Associates Space Technology, Columbia College, Syracuse, N.Y.
- 2011 Senior Non Commissioned Officers Academy, Gunter AFB, Montgomery, Ala.
- 2012 Chief Executive Course, Andrews Air Force Base, Md.
- 2013 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Course (Correspondence)
- 2015 Command Chief Orientation Course, Lackland AFB, San Antonio, Texas
- 2015 Air Force Smart Operations 21st Century, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- December 1979 - April 1985, 4th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Seymour Johnson Air Force Base, Goldsboro, N.C.
- April 1985 - July 1987, 325th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Panama City, Fla.
- December 1994 - January 2018, Eastern Air Defense Sector, Rome N.Y.
- February 2018 - present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, New York Air National Guard, Latham, N.Y.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
- Meritorious Service Medal
- Air Force Commendation Medal
- Air Force Achievement Medal
- Joint Meritorious Unit Award
- Air Force Outstanding Unit Award
- Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
- Combat Readiness Medal
- Air Force Good Conduct Medal
- Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal
- National Defense Service Medal
- Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
- Air Force Longevity Service
- Armed Forces Reserve Medal
- Air Force NCO PME Graduate Ribbon
- Air Force Training Ribbon
- New York Long and Faithful Service Award
- New York Physical Fitness Ribbon
- New York Defense Library
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
- 1979 Airman Basic
- 1980 Airman
- 1981 Airman First Class
- 1982 Senior Airman
- 1985 Staff Sergeant
- 1987 Separated Active Duty
Air National Guard
- 1994 Senior Airman
- Feb. 1, 1995 Staff Sergeant
- March 1, 1999 Technical Sergeant
- April 1, 2001 Master Sergeant
- Aug. 1, 2008 Senior Master Sergeant
- Oct. 1, 2012 Chief Master Sergeant
(Current as of February 2018)